Saturday, May 26, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday 151 - Monaco


This week's shadow shot is ghoulish I know, and rather reminds me of my time in Mexico, a country saturated in skulls and skeletons as part of The Day of the Dead imagery. This piece is part of the Marc Quinn exhibition at the Oceanographic Museum, Monaco, reviewed in the previous post, and is ironically entitled "Waiting for Godot"!! It also has more than a few echoes of the work of another well-known contemporary artist Damien Hirst whose skeletal and skull pieces do really well in Mexico....


For more shadow shots this week, check out Shadow Shot Sunday. Enjoy.....

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Far from ghoulish....I find it quite fascinating!

Sylvia K said...

Those are definitely interesting and different shadow shots for the day!! I think they're terrific! Now I'm ready for Halloween! Hope your weekend is going well, Catherine! Enjoy!

Sylvia

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Fantastic shadows...no bones about it ~ sorry, had to!! Some of their placements remind me of the skeletons that were found in Pompeii ~ love it!

Ralph said...

It is not really ghoulish, instead the skeletal shadows are artwork that defines the symmetry of beings - the shadows are so well defined. Neat views from Europe and not so much as macabre as the dead views in Mexico...

Gemma Wiseman said...

Intriguing! Amazing detail of shadows in the light! Lovely photos!

Margaret Gosden said...

I envy your ability to move around and live in different countries, Mexico in particular. Now in my favorite part of the world. I am curious about how you live there. I love Waiting for Godot!

Diane AZ said...

Fantastic skeleton shadows, looks like an interesting museum to visit!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Those are awesome! Nice to see shadow work displayed in a museum. I don't mind the context at all and embrace it!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

"Waiting for Godot"? Hahahaha! What a great title, as Godot never shows up! Love it!

Hear My Voice

Catherine said...

thanks for all the comments this week - regards catherine