Thursday, October 16, 2008

Meet Jag Sanchez - Jardin del Arte

A relative newcomer to the art scene in Mexico City, Jag Sanchez has been exhibiting at Bazaar Sabado and the Sullivan Jardin del Arte for the past 4 years. His bright abstract canvasses with his trademark yellows, reds and oranges are hard to miss, and he has already had exhibitions both in Mexico, such as Real de Catorce and Europe, most recently in Amsterdam.


His style has changed and become more flamboyant over the past two years, but I have 4 paintings from his original "Contemporary Life in DF" series ; indeed I chose my current apartment on the basis of the need to hang these paintings, and they subsequently dictated the colour scheme of " El Palacio Rojo". He is a very friendly guy, and always has time to chat at the Sunday Art market. Find out more about his work at www. Artelista.com

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm really enjoying this series.

Catherine said...

Hi Wendy...yes there are a few more yet in the series..and I have had emails from the artists thanking me which is quite nice..