Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beachward Bound for a Siesta in Cuesta...

Just half an hour away from the neon tackiness and glitzy excess of Acapulco, (host to a stag weekend of 35 guys from my school as of tomorrow...need I say more??!) lies the tiny, tranquil haven of Pie de La Cuesta, a spit of land with just a few peaceful posadas, and a wide expanse of golden sand on one side, and a sleepy lagoon on the other. Lazy days reading in hammocks, goldfish-bowl cocktails at sunset, simple seafood from shoreline shacks, and long walks along the beach with the backdrop of a breathtakingly wild and madly dramatic sea. With zero nightlife, and just one fish restaurant that sets up candlelit tables where the waves break,, it is the perfect chilled out getaway destination for the upcoming long weekend....

People drive out all the way from Acapulco just to view the glorious sunsets at Pie de la Cuesta, sitting on the sand in rows as if at a cinema screening....

What is there not to like about escaping to the beach in Mexico? When there is such a wealth of beautiful choices?

Playa de La Ropa, Zihuatenejo, early morning...


Isla Espiritu Santo, Baja California....

Playa Pichilingue, Baja California (the name a supposed corruption of "Speak English?").....

Malecon, La Paz, Baja California...

Overlooking Playa de la Ropa, Zihuatenejo...

So do you prefer going "loco down in Acapulco" or having a "siesta in Cuesta"??

All it leaves for me to say is wherever you are or wherever you are going...... have a great weekend and CHEERS!!

See more My World Tuesday posts at www.showyourworldblogspot.com

12 comments:

Fly Girl said...

Rub it in why don't you! I haven't seen the grass, let alone the lake, in months because everything's covered in snow. Those beach photos look heavenly.

Wendy said...

What I would do to be in that infinity pool right now! Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Sorry.. I know it is rather mean to my far Northern Hemisphere friends who haven't seen the sun or the ground for a while...

Ant said...

I love a siesta. The first picture of Pie de la Cuesta reminds me of the time I inspired awe, in everyone on holiday with me, through my incredibly long siestas punctuated by the odd pina colada topped of with more siesta time!

I still manage it here. We're loving Ho Tram Resort, Bai Sau Beach for a quick weekend get away.

Enjoy your beach time. x

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

I'm half-way inbetween: I like a little more choice on nightlife than one restaurant, but definitely not a party-hardy atmosphere. On the other hand, anyplace with a warm beach is always welcome!

Have a great weekend!

Polly said...

Hi Catherine, thanks for visiting my blog. Your pictures are stunning, bearing in mind the weather we currently have here in London I think you've made a great choice to swap it for Mexico... Pie de La Cuesta sounds great, I've never been a big fan of lying on a beach but this one looks stunning and it seems to me that it would be a great place for walking and daydreaming. Thanks!

Polly

Louise said...

Give me ANY of it, and I'd be more than elated! But the first photo is perfection.

Jane Hards Photography said...

That looks idyllic. I'd be happy in this world.

Unknown said...

Oh I like them all! I miss the beach in landlocked Oklahoma. Love the last piccie LOL!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Rub it in is right. It is freezing here.
Thanks for sharing.

Catherine said...

Hi everyone - Ant,Cecile, Polly,Louise, Babooshka, Brit Gal and Yogi...thanks for all the positive comments and hope you all get some hot weather or to a beach real soon!!

A Cuban In London said...

So, whilst we are still deep in snow in London, you're sipping margaritas on the beach ;-)? I'll keep the snow, thanks. Lovely photos.

Greetings from London.