Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday 1 : San Miguel


This is my contribution (my first) to Harriet's Shadow Shot Sunday! This photo was taken in one of the most picturesque and photogenic colonial towns in the whole of Mexico, namely San Miguel de Allende. Cobbled streets and buildings in rich russets, ochres and dusky pinks coupled with the strength and clarity of the Mexican light make it an artist's and photographer's paradise. This was taken in the late afternoon when the slanting rays made the shadows at their most intense. For other shadow shots please visit hey harriet and for more on the charming San Miguel click here

14 comments:

Fly Girl said...

Paradise indeed! The warmth just flows through this image.

Rosebud Collection said...

For a first, you did a beautiful job..Very soft looking and good shadow..Happy SSS..

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Very pretty...I really like the soft, warm colors!! Welcome to the group:D

Kranky Granny said...

I agree, great first shot. I am a newbee also so I will look forward to next week. Glad you joined the fun.

Terri said...

Beautiful shadow capture! I love the colors. Welcome to SSS!

Hey Harriet said...

Gorgeous! So lovely & soft looking & the colours are sweet! Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday. Hope you are able to share more cool Mexican shadows in the future! :D

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

A lovely shot that radiates warmth! We both joined S.S.S. on the same day! ; )

Catherine said...

cecile - I got the idea for partaking in Shadow shot from you..thanks for the idea!! Rosebud, Lisa,Rita,Harriet, thanks for all the appreciative and encouraging comments..

MyMaracas said...

The colors are beautiful, and I love the pattern the shadow makes. What a lovely first entry!

Generik said...

I just started posting to SSS as well. Love your shot! The colors and textures are beautiful. Look forward to seeing more of a British woman's perspective from Mexico City.

Lighthousegal said...

I have to agree with everyone else, you did a good job. Nice shadow shot. I look forward to seeing your post in the future.

GalleryJuana said...

Welcome to shadow shot sunday and thanks for dropping by my blog.

Aaahh... the warm colors of Mexico. I lived in Zacatecas city for 4 years and enjoyed my time there. Someday, I would like to visit San Miguel de Allende.

Dianne said...

welcome to shadow shots :)
love the colors behind your shadows

Annette said...

Great patterned shadow, well done and welcome :0)