Saturday, December 12, 2009

Capturing the Colours of Cornets....
















So this was the shot I chose in the end for my submission to our fortnightly photo competition amongst friends on the theme of colours: columns of cones. I like the soothing shades of these technicolour towers, and the fact that they are leaning in the style of pastel Pisas. I also like the fact that people thought they were all different things on first glance, from large ceramic pots to corn, because the scale is not obvious. I will let you know what place I received with this shot, and the next theme is dark which will be somewhat challenging....

What do you think??

8 comments:

Glennis said...

Interesting photo an colourful, I prefer my cones filled with icecream! makes me want to go buy one.

很悶 said...

很讚啦..................................................

JIM JOHNSTON said...

Beautiful, as always. Thanks for all your great images. Happy Holidays, Jim Johnston

Catherine said...

Hey Glennis and Jim - thanks for the appreciative comments-and thanks for taking the time to stop by..

Wendy said...

I like this one a lot. Would look good as a framed print.

namaki said...

that's a nice shot ... I love colours and those are great ...

Catherine said...

hi Wendy and Namaki - thanks for the complimentary comments..

Evelyn Howard said...

nice!