Saturday, October 9, 2010

Strolling down Francisco Sosa.....





















My favourite street to walk down in the whole of Mexico city has to be Calle Franciso Sosa which links two beautiful colonial neighbourhoods namely San Angel and Coyoacan in the south of the city. The gateway to Sosa is the beautiful chapel above called Capilla San Antonio. Once past this, steel yourself for some of the most appealing architecture in the city...















































































Along the way you can stop off at an increasing number of cafes, shops, and restaurants, as well as the beautiful Plaza Santa Catarina with this lovely yellow church.......





















...and the Centro Cultural Jesus Reyes Heroles where there is a delightful cafe for lunch...(I recommend the traditional arrachera).....















plus, who could resist sitting down here for a while with Frida and Diego as company in the lovely shady garden of the Cultural Centre??




















Shortly after the Cultural Centre you reach Coyoacan, the final destination for my favourite Saturday stroll. More on Coyoacan in one of the next posts, but in the meantime check out other windows on the world by clicking here for My World Tuesday posts. Enjoy! Where is your favourite street for a relaxed stroll??

16 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

This post, inadvertently, triggered off a strange sensation. I used to have a favourite street in Havana, down which I loved walking. It's good that you have that little nook of Mexico City that you can almost call your own. Your photos never cease to amaze me. The variety of them, the quality. It's all breathtaking.

Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Anonymous said...

how lovely to spend a photo walk there.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making bright and colourful me night.

Please have a wonderful Tuesday.


daily athens

EG CameraGirl said...

I enjoyed this very much, Catherine! I find it very refreshing to see these lovely streets in Mexico City when we hear so much negative information about Mexico in the news.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful, I just love the different colors and decorations.

Sylvia K said...

Delightful look at your world, Catherine! Marvelous captures as always and they always bring back such lovely memories of my year in Mexico! Love the colors! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

Catherine said...

Hi Cuban - how interesting that it triggered these associations - out of interest which is your favourite street in Havana??

Catherine said...

Eg Wow - thank you so much for your delightful comment - that is exactly what I am aiming to do - show that Mexico is so much more than drug war stories and negative publicity
Ewok, Silvia,Daily Atens, Yogi - thanks so much for the appreciative comments...

Anonymous said...

What a delightful area. Love the colourful facades on the buildings. My favourite stroll is by the lake near where I live.

Unknown said...

i love the details and the wonderful display of colors. fabulous shots.

Kay L. Davies said...

Mexico City is so beautiful. I agree with my friend from East Gwillumbury, your photos help offset some of the negative publicity we Canadians get about Mexico. My father used to say, "I only got murdered three times this year" when people asked him why he wasn't afraid to live in Mexico.

Kay, Alberta

jabblog said...

Goodness, what fun!

Fly Girl said...

What lovely sights! The church and Diego and Frida are enough to make me live on that street. I don't have a favorite street to stroll down in Chicago but anywhere along the lakefront is always wonderful.

PeterParis said...

Beautiful! ... and already to be able to sit on the same bench as Frida ... what a privilege!

Lynne with an e said...

Such gorgeous colours, patterns, and forms. What a beautiful city stroll you've taken us on. I think I would never tire of walking in that area. No wonder you are already having twinges at the thought of leaving Mexico.

Catherine said...

super set of comments this week - much appreciated everyone!!